How much should I charge for my listing?
When deciding how to price your listing, we recommend thinking about the following:
- Location: spend some time researching how much other local and public campgrounds charge in your area. You can browse campsites near you by heading to www.hipcamp.com/discover.
- Accommodation type: Hosts offer a variety of experiences to Hipcampers, from primitive campsites to cabins to Airstreams and more. Below are average prices for different types of accommodations offered on Hipcamp, though these numbers can vary by location:
- Tent Sites: $10-30 per night
- RV sites: $20-40 per night
- Structures: (cabins, glamping tents, yurts, treehouses, Hipcampers, etc.) $75+ per night
- Amenities: Properties that offer certain amenities are often priced higher. Amenities include conveniences like bathrooms, showers, fire rings, RV hook-ups, etc. There are no required amenities to list on Hipcamp and many Hosts offer primitive campsites that are still very popular and lucrative on Hipcamp. Lots of Hosts use the income from their first few Hipcampers to add additional amenities and structures. You can see examples of basic campsites amenities here.
- Unique features: Is your property on the edge of a national forest? Next to sweet hot springs? Driving distance from a state or national park? Maybe you offer farm education, healing programs, complimentary firewood, or complete privacy for your guests. By opening up your land to Hipcampers, you are creating new and unique experiences for millions of people. While this makes all Hipcamps special, there are certain features that can help you better market and price your listing at a higher rate. Looking for tips on how to become a successful Hipcamp Host? Learn from hosts themselves.
- You! Ultimately, how you price your listing is up to you. We recommend starting at a modest price, because you can always change your price through the Host dashboard.
You can create your free listing here: https://www.hipcamp.com/host